Frequently Asked Questions
- When you plug a drive that's been formatted for Mac into a Windows PC, you may find that it isn't readable. This is because Mac uses the HFS+ format natively, whereas Windows uses ExFAT or NTFS. One simple way to make the drive readable on both platforms is to format it to ExFAT, which both operating systems can understand. This will erase all contents on the disk, however, so.
- Right-click on Computer (or This PC, My Computer, depending on Windows version) Click Manage Select Disk Management Use the console on the right portion of the Window to check for the presence of the drive. If your drive is present in “Disk Management” make note of the drive number and proceed to Step 3.
- How to Read a Mac drive (HFS+ and APFS) on PC If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Reimage Plus which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption.
- The hard drives of Apple's Mac computers are formatted in a different way, known as HFS, than hard drives that have the Microsoft Windows XP installed on them. As a result, Mac drives cannot be read by PC computers by default. However, you can use the MacDrive program to allow your Windows computer to read files on a Mac drive.
Oct 28, 2016 Here is short video on how you can read or access the Hard Drive that was formatted for mac, using a windows. Software Used: HFSExplorer Software Link.
Listed Commonly Asked Questions and AnswersHow to view all hard drive partitions with help of your raw file system explorer?
I cannot open external hard drive on my PC. I have downloaded your software but, I want to learn short and easy steps to view hard disk with your tool. Can anyone help me out with this?
Follow below-mentioned instruction to view all hard drive partitions with this freeware:
- Step 1: Open the hard drive data viewer tool on your system
- Step 2: Click on the system disk to be explored
- Step 3: Tool starts scanning the chosen hard drive
- Step 4: All data is displayed in front of you
By mistake, I have deleted few images from Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. These pictures were stored in SD card of my phone. If I attach my memory card with PC through a card reader then, will your tool help me out in viewing those images?
Yes, just attach external memory card with your PC and then, launch SysTools hard drive data viewer. Choose recently attached external storage device in the software and let tool scan all the data. Now, you will find you deleted image listed in front of you, which will be highlighted with red color.Can I view NTFS partition in Linux operating system via your free utility?
Mac Formatted Drive On Pc
I am working upon NTFS file, which was provided to me by my manager. I use Linux operating system on my machine and want to use this product on it. Will your utility work on this OS in one or the another manner?
No, this free utility is workable only upon Windows operating system. Hard drive reader for PC is compatible with all editions of Windows i.e., 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and all prior versions.