Before you begin
- Mac App To Remind You To Get Up Every Hour
- Mac App To Remind You To Get Up And Move
- Mac App To Remind You To Get Up From Desk
- Set up iCloud to keep your reminders updated across all your devices. Open the Settings app, then tap [your name] > iCloud and turn on Reminders. Inside the Reminders app, you’ll see all of your reminders on all of your Apple devices that are signed in to the same Apple ID.
- Learn more about upgrading your iCloud reminders after you update to iOS 13 and iPadOS.
Get started with Reminders
Stretchy is a desktop app for Windows, Mac, and Linux that reminds you to take a 20-second break every 10 minutes and a 5-minute break every 30. Those times are the default, but you can customize. Sep 09, 2017 Whether you work at your computer or just enjoy the occasional long gaming session, it’s important to take breaks regularly. Getting up to take a walk, grab a coffee, or do some stretches helps reduce eye strain, prevent repetitive strain injury (RSI), and is otherwise just plain good for you. And one study from the University of Illionoise at Urbana-Champaign shows that breaks might even. Whether you need a way to reach and engage families or share resources that help stakeholders teach and learn, Remind helps you stay connected with your school community. Get Remind right on your phone with mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Create a reminder, add helpful details, then mark it complete when you're done.
How to create a reminder
- Open the Reminders app.
- Tap the list that you want to add the reminder to. Tap Add List if you want to create a new list.
- Tap New Reminder, then type your reminder.
- Tap Done.
Use the quick toolbar to add notifications and more
As you type a new reminder, a quick toolbar appears, giving you quick and easy customisation options:
Set a due date
Tap the time button to set a due date for the reminder. Choose from Today, Tomorrow, This Weekend or tap Custom to set your own day and time.*
Add a location
Tap the location button to assign a notification based on where you are. Select one of the options provided, or tap Custom to add your own location, choose whether you want to be notified when arriving or leaving, and set the perimeter of your reminder area.
To receive location-based reminders, make sure that Location Services is turned on. Open the Settings app, then tap Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services.
Flag a reminder
Tap the flagged button to mark a reminder as extra important and make it appear in the Flagged smart list on the Reminders app main screen.
Add an attachment
Tap the photos button to add an attachment to the reminder. You can take a new photo, choose an image from your photo library or scan a document.
* If you set a due date for a reminder but don't assign a time, the notification appears by default at 9.00 a.m. To change when all-day reminder notifications appear, open the Settings app, then tap Reminders. Tap the time below All-Day Reminders, then choose a different time.
Edit your reminder, get a notification when messaging, and add more info
Mac App To Remind You To Get Up Every Hour
Tap the edit details button to add even more details and customisations to your reminder, such as notes, a URL and a priority. You can also modify the reminder's notification settings and change the list that it belongs to.
Get a reminder while messaging someone
Turn on Remind me when messaging if you want to receive a notification when you chat with a specified person in Messages.
Turn on Remind me when messaging, tap Choose Person, then tap a name in your contacts.
The next time you chat with this person, a Reminders notification appears.
Add notes and a URL
Use the Notes field to add useful information to your reminder. If you have a web address related to the reminder, you can add it to the URL field. The notes and URL appear along with the reminder in any lists that it belongs to.
Every reminder that you create can have subtasks. For example, a reminder to pack for a trip can include a list of things that you don't want to forget.
You can create subtasks in a few different ways:
- Tap and hold a reminder, then drag it onto another reminder. The reminder that you dragged becomes a subtask of the other.
- Swipe right on a reminder, then tap Indent. The reminder becomes a subtask of the one above it. To undo this, swipe right again on the subtask and tap Outdent.
- Tap a reminder, then tap the edit details button . Tap Subtasks > Add Reminder, then type your subtask. Repeat for as many subtasks as you'd like to create.
Complete a reminder
To mark a reminder as completed, tap the empty circle next to it. To see your completed reminders, tap the more button , then tap Show Completed.
To delete a reminder without marking it as completed, swipe left on it, then tap Delete.
If you get a reminder notification on your Lock screen, swipe left over the reminder. Tap View, then tap Mark as Completed.
Organise your reminders with lists
Want to separate your reminders into categories like work, personal or school? Create a Reminders list to keep things organised. You can customise your lists with colours and icons, and share a list with other people. And the Reminders app's built-in smart lists give you a quick view of all your reminders from across your custom lists.
How to create a new Reminders list
- Tap Add List in the Reminders app's main screen.
- Type a name for the list.
- Choose a colour and an icon to customise the list and make it easier to recognise at a glance. Icons are available only for lists that you've created in your iCloud account.
- Tap Done.
After you create a list, you can edit it:
- Tap the list that you want to edit, then tap the more button .
- Tap Name & Appearance.
- Change the list's name, colour or icon.
- Tap Done.
Lists can also be organised into groups – for example, you can create a group named Work that contains all of your work-related lists:
- Tap and hold a list.
- Drag the list onto another list.
- Give the new group a name.
- Tap Create.
Tap a group's name on the Reminders main screen to show or hide the lists that it contains.
How to move a reminder to a different list
- Tap a Reminders list, then tap the reminder that you want to move.
- Tap the edit details button .
- Tap List, then choose the list that you want to move the reminder to.
- Tap Done.
You can also drag a reminder to a different list:
- Tap and hold the reminder with one finger.
- While holding the reminder, tap the Lists button to go back to your lists.*
- Drop the reminder on the list that you want to move it to.
To move multiple reminders, tap one and hold it, then use another finger to tap the others that you want to include.
* If you're using an iPad, your lists remain visible, so you can just drag reminders between lists.
Change the order of reminders
Tap and hold a reminder, then drag it to where you want it to appear within the list. Be sure to place it between reminders; if you drag it onto a reminder, it becomes a subtask.
View your reminders in smart lists
The main screen of the Reminders app shows four built-in smart lists that automatically organise your reminders into quick views:
- Today shows all of your reminders that you marked as being due today. It also shows reminders that are overdue.
- Scheduled shows all of your reminders that have a due date – past, today and in the future.
- Flagged shows all of your reminders that you assigned a flag to.
- All shows every reminder, organised by list.
Smart lists include reminders from all of your custom Reminders lists. In the Scheduled, All, and Flagged smart lists, you can tap the more button and select Show Completed to include your completed reminders.
Search for reminders
Use the search bar above smart lists to search your reminders. As you type, reminders that match your search term appear, grouped by list.
Tap the dictate button to search using Dictation.
Do even more with Reminders
Add a reminder easily with Siri, create a reminder from within another app, and share your lists with others.
Add a reminder with Siri
You can ask Siri to schedule a reminder for you, on your iOS device or your Apple Watch.* Here are a few examples:
- 'Remind me when I get home to check the mail.'
- 'Remind me when I leave here to stop by the supermarket.'
- 'Remind me tomorrow at 3.00 p.m. to call Tara.'
Add your home and work addresses to your card in Contacts to allow Siri to help you set location-based reminders. Open the Contacts app, then tap My Card. Tap Edit, add your work or home address, then tap Done.
* Siri uses Location Services when your reminder needs to use your location. Siri availability varies by language, country, and region. Learn which Siri features are supported in which countries and regions.
Add a reminder from another app
Remind yourself to go back to an app – for example, to revisit a website or a map location – from within the app, without having to switch to Reminders.
- With an app open, ask Siri 'Remind me about this later.' Or tap the share button in the app, then tap Reminders.
- When you get the scheduled notification, or when you open Reminders, tap the app icon to the right of the reminder to go directly to the app.
You can also set a reminder when you get a phone call that you can't answer immediately. Tap Remind Me on the call screen, then choose when you want to be reminded to return the call.
How to share a Reminders list
- Tap the list that you want to share, then tap the more button .
- Tap Add People.
- Choose how you'd like to invite people to your Reminders list. You can use a built-in iOS app or a third-party app.
- Add the people you want to share the list with, then send the invitation. The steps for adding people and sending vary based on the app that you use.
After someone accepts your invitation, they can add items, delete items, and mark them as completed. To view shared Reminders lists that you create in iOS 13, the people you invite also have to have iOS 13 on their device. Notifications that you set for your reminders aren't shared with anyone else.
Create and view reminders on your Apple Watch
Mac App To Remind You To Get Up And Move
The Reminders app on Apple Watch shows your iCloud reminders grouped into the same smart lists and custom lists that appear on your iPhone. Tap a list to see its reminders, and tap a reminder to mark it as completed.
Mac App To Remind You To Get Up From Desk
You can add new reminders quickly using Siri on your Apple Watch, or by tapping Add Reminder or New Reminder within the app. Reminders that you create on your watch appear on your iPhone and other devices that are signed in to the same Apple ID.