- Windows Bootable Usb On Mac
- Free Software To Make A Bootable Usb For Mac Windows 10
- Free Software To Create A Bootable Usb Drive
- Free Software To Make Bootable Usb
Mar 21, 2019 UNetbootin is a free, open source utility that allows you to create bootable USB drives on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. If you’ve downloaded Windows 10 ISO image, here is how you can create a bootable Windows installer USB on Mac using UNetbootin. Plug a USB drive into your Mac and open Disk Utility. Select your USB drive from the left panel. How to create a bootable macOS High Sierra installer drive Put the macOS High Sierra installer on an external USB thumb drive or hard drive and use it to install the operating system on a Mac.
How to create a bootable macOS Mojave installer drive Put the macOS Mojave installer on an external USB thumb drive or hard drive and use it to install the operating system on a Mac. Make a bootable usb free download - Create a Bootable USB Tricks, Bootable Methods(USB-CD-DVD), kali linux setup usb bootable, and many more programs.
To troubleshoot an issue with Windows 10 (especially boot-related issues), it can be handy to boot to Windows 10 that is not installed on a Boot Camp partition. It is relatively straightforward to create a bootable USB Flash drive to boot to the Windows 10 installer, and then open up a DOS prompt for troubleshooting.
What is needed
- USB Flash drive (8 GB or larger recommended)
- Windows 10 Installer ISO for Windows 10
All the preparation is done in macOS on the Mac that is having an issue booting Windows. It is important to use this Mac since it will be used to identify the correct Windows drivers.
USB Flash Drive
The USB Flash drive must be formatted as exFAT.
- Insert an 8GB or larger flash drive into a USB port on the Mac
- In Disk Utility, format the Flash drive as exFAT. Quit Disk Utility after this operation completes.
Boot Camp Driver
Open Boot Camp Assistant in the Utilities folder, and download the current Windows Support Software from the Action menu. Save the Windows Support Software to your desktop or other location, but do not save directly to the USB Flash Drive.
Windows Install Media
Download the current install media from the Microsoft website. Windows is not going to be installed, but the install media will give access to the command line tools in Windows. Select the version of Windows that is closes to the version of Windows installed on the Mac (Windows 8, Windows 10). It does not matter what edition of Windows is used since Windows is not going to be installed.
Create Recovery USB Flash Drive
To create the USB Flash drive, follow these steps:
- Mount the Windows ISO that was downloaded from Microsoft. To mount the ISO, double click on the ISO in the Finder.
- Drag all the files and folders from the mounted ISO to the USB Flash Drive.
- Drag the contents of the Windows Support Software to the USB Flash Drive.
- If there is not an AutoUnattend.xml at the top level of the drive (as shown below), download AutoUnattend.xml, unzip it, and add it to the drive. AutoUnattend.xml provides the location of the $WinPEDriver$ folder to load the drivers during boot.
- The 2018 MacBook Air (and potentially Macs after that) have cannot load the IntelMEI driver and give a “Windows Setup could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install Windows, make sure that the drivers are valid, and restart the installation”. On the USB Flash drive, open the $WinPEDriver$ and remove the IntelMEI folder.
Once the Flash drive has been created, it should look like this:
The $WinPEDriver$ folder is important because the $WinPEDriver$ folder contains the drivers for Windows to boot successfully from the USB Flash drive and the hardware on that Mac.
Boot from the USB Flash drive
To inject the drivers, the Mac must be booted from the USB Flash drive.
- Insert the USB Flash drive into an available USB port on the Mac
- Reboot while holding the option key.
- Select EFI volume in the startup selector.
If Windows does not boot from the USB Flash drive after showing the Windows logo, you may have to run the following command to tell the firmware to boot the windows installer from the USB flash drive. This has been observed on the late-2014 Mac Mini but may affect other models as well. To set the variable:
- Disable SIP by booting to the recovery partition.
- Boot back to macOS and open Terminal. Run the follow command and enter the admin password when prompted:
sudo nvram InstallWindowsUEFI=1
Insert the USB flash drive if it is not inserted, reboot, and select the EFI volume from the startup selector.
Note the InstallWindowsUEFI variable is cleared at each reboot, so you will to set it again if you do not select the USB Flash Drive.
Command Prompt and Mapped Drives
When Windows 10 starts up, it will prompt for installation of Windows 10. To open up a DOS window, press Fn-Shift-F10 (or just shift-F10) or click Repair Computer->Troubleshoot->Command Prompt (if available).
Once in the command prompt, there are usually 3 drive letters available: X, C, and D.
- X: This is Windows that you are booted into in memory. The files from the boot.wim on the flash drive are copied to memory and then booted to.
- C: Boot Camp partition
- D: The USB Flash drive
Within the Windows command prompt, you can run utilities on the Boot Camp partition.
- Download the Best USB Bootable Software
- Two Ways to Create a Bootable USB
- First and Foremost - Create a Portable Windows USB Disk
- Guide - Create a WinPE-based USB Disk
Download the Best USB Bootable Software
EaseUS Todo Backup is recommended here as the best USB bootable software, plus an essential bootable USB creation tool for personal users and companies. It's all-in-one software that integrates both bootable USB and ISO image together, which facilitates users to create portable Windows 7/8/10 that greatly reduce worry in case of an unexpected system failure, crash and similar disasters that cause a complete shutdown.
With EaseUS Windows backup software, customers can gain the following benefits:
|Software Name||Primary Functions||Competitive Advantages|
|EaseUS Todo Backup|
1. Backup and recovery for disk/partition, data, files, folders, operating system, mail, exchange, etc.
2. Disk/partition clone, OS migration to HDD/SSD.
3. Transfer system to dissimilar hardware.
4. Create USB portable Windows.
5. Create Linux/WinPE-based bootable USB stick.
1. A great combination of creating a bootable Windows USB drive and a bootable backup drive.
2. A complete 30-day free trial after the download for the first time.
3. An official, lightweight, easy-to-use and effective bootable USB creation tool that allows even less experienced users to have a try.
4. Automatically detect the USB drive and help format the drive to the required FAT32 file system.
Two Ways to Create a Bootable USB
With the help of the EaseUS Windows backup software, you are able to create a bootable USB drive in two ways.
- Easily create a portable Windows USB that contains system and user files.
- Simply create a WinPE-based bootable USB stick that can only boot into EaseUS Todo Backup.
Follow the step-by-step guide below, and make your own bootable USB drive with the amazing bootable USB creator.
First and Foremost - Create a Portable Windows USB Disk
Creating a portable USB is your very first choice. All you need to do is download the useful system cloning tool and clone the operating system to your portable device.
During the system cloning process, you can create a portable USB drive. You can boot Windows from the USB drive anytime if you're trying to restore a crashed system even the computer did not install EaseUS Todo Backup software.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup. Expand the menu and click 'System Clone' in the lower position.
Step 2. On the 'System clone' window, the software will choose the system partition and boot partition by default. Just Choose the USB drive as the destination disk.
Click on 'Advanced options' and then 'Create Portable Windows USB drive'. Click 'OK'.
Click 'Proceed'. The software will start immediately cloning the default partitions of your desktop/laptop to the USB drive. After the cloning process is over, you can safely plug the USB drive out.
Step 3. To boot the cloned system from the USB drive on other Windows devices, just connect the drive to the device. After the connection, wait for the computer configuring system settings and you will finally arrive at the desktop screen that's exactly the same with that of the cloned system.
Put the 'username' and 'password' of the cloned system. You should now successfully enter the cloned system.
Guide - Create a WinPE-Based USB Disk
If you don't want to clone your system to the external device, just want to export the data on the computer, you are advised to create an emergency disk with EaseUS Todo Backup.
By this means, you are only allowed to boot into EaseUS Todo Backup even when your computer or laptop cannot boot as usual. Once you boot into this backup software, you can back up data to an external device or copy files without Windows. Let's see how to create this WinPE disk.
Windows Bootable Usb On Mac
1. Prepare a USB drive which can be written and read.
Free Software To Make A Bootable Usb For Mac Windows 10
2. Launch and install EaseUS Todo Backup on the Computer B
Free Software To Create A Bootable Usb Drive
3. Open the tool and click Tools - Create Emergency Disk.
4. Select 'Create WinPE emergency disk'.
Free Software To Make Bootable Usb
5. Select a bootable media type: here we choose USB drive.
6. Click Proceed to create a bootable disk.