- Contact Name Does Not Show Up In Mac Messeges App For Computer
- Contact Name Does Not Show Up In Mac Messages Application
- Contact Names Don't Show Up In Messages Mac
The contact list should now show up as expected. Google Pixel problem #9 — Home and Recent Apps keys not working When tapping on a notification in the notification shade, users have found that. Oct 18, 2019 If it's not already set up, you're asked to sign in when you first open the Messages app. Sign in with same Apple ID that you use with Messages on your iPhone and other devices. It's usually the same Apple ID that you use for iCloud, the iTunes Store, the App Store, and the account you created when you first set up your Mac. Repairing permissions does not do anything for user files. This does not appear to be a Mac Pro hardware issue - it would help if you updated your profile with the products and operating systems you are using so that it can be relocated to a more appropriate forum. The service syncs up to 90 days of messages across your devices. You can use Verizon Messages (Message+) to send and receive messages without the Integrated Messaging service. To use the Verizon Messages (Message+) app without the multi-device sync. Dec 31, 2019 So, if Tip 3 does not work, this may not work too. But, you can just have a try. Tip 5 Ask Siri to Restore the Contacts. Another tip to fix iPhone contacts missing is to ask Siri to bring them back. Smart Siri, as a virtual assistant, which can do much more than what you can imagine. The contact names could also be recognized by Siri.
Messages User Guide
In the Messages app on your Mac, use the Settings pane of iMessage preferences to change options for your iMessage account.
To change these preferences, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. If you’re not signed in to iMessage, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Create Apple ID.
Click to sign out.
Enable this account
Select to send and receive messages with iMessage.
For more details, see Set up your Mac to send text messages.
Enable Messages in iCloud
If you use Messages on more than one device, select this to store your messages in iCloud so that you can see the same text messages on all devices.
For more details, see Use Messages in iCloud.
When Messages in iCloud is turned on, all your texts appear on all your devices automatically. However, if you want to make sure you’re seeing the most up-to-date messages on your Mac—for example, if you just switched to a new Mac—you can click Sync Now.
You can be reached for messages at
Select the checkboxes next to the email addresses and phone numbers that other people can use to send you messages. You can update this list on the Apple ID account website. See the Apple Support article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime.
Send read receipts
If you enable read receipts, people who send you messages will see when you’ve read them.
You can also send read receipts for a conversation only. The per-conversation setting overrides the per-account setting.
Start new conversations from
If you have more than one email address or phone number listed under “You can be reached for messages at,” choose the email address or phone number that you want to use for starting new conversations. When you start a new conversation with someone, the person receives messages sent from the email address or phone number you choose.
When someone starts a conversation with you, you send messages using the email address or phone number the person used to start the conversation.
Review addresses or phone numbers of people that are blocked. See Block texts for more information about how to add or remove addresses or phone numbers.
Recently, I was having this problem: Every time when I receive a message , the message app was showing its phone number instead of its contact name even though I had saved the contact information of this particular person in my iPhone. For example, I had a friend named Selma and her number was (217) XXX XXXX. I saved her (this number) as Selma. However when Selma sent a message, it was showing her number, (217) XXX XXX and not her name, Selma, even she was listed.
I was able to fix this problem. This short article explains how I was able to fix this. If you are having this problem, this article will teach you how you can troubleshoot it. Here is how:
Phone numbers instead of Contact names (iOS devices)
Please note that we explained this issue before when users were having a very similar problem with then-new iOS 9 update. Please read that article also. If you are still having issues, then please try the following tips:
Contact Name Does Not Show Up In Mac Messeges App For Computer
- It seems that iCloud Contacts may cause this. If this is the case, here is you can fix it:
- On your iPhone or iPad tap Settings > Your Name > iCloud and then turn off Contacts (you will be asked what you would like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your device. Select Delete) and wait a few seconds and turn it back on (when you are asked select Merge).
- Restart your device. You can restart your device by going to Settings > General > Shut Down and start again.
- Force quit the messages app and open again. To close the app (if your device have a Home button), double press the Home button, and swipe up the Messages app. If your device does not have a Home button, e.g, iPhone X, swipe up from the home screen and then swipe up the Messages app. And then reopen the Messages app.
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off MMS Messaging (under the SMS/MMS section) and then turn back on.
- Try to disabling Short Name. Please tap Settings > Contacts > Short Name and toggle it off. Please note that Short Name is turned on by default. Short Name lets you see your contacts’ first names (or last name or nick name depending on your settings) instead of the full name.
- Check the contact number. Make sure it is in this format: + country code (area code) phone number (like: +1 217 721 0000) if it is not in this format, change it and fit in this format. This may be an issue especially if you have international contacts saved. You may want to do this because your iOS device may not recognize it. Here is how you can change a contact name and number:
- Open Contacts
- Tap the name of the contact that you would like to change its number
- Tap the Edit button (upper right corner)
- Tap the number field
- Make your changes
- and then finally tap Done (upper right corner)
Contact Name Does Not Show Up In Mac Messages Application
Contact Names Don't Show Up In Messages Mac
If none of the tips works for you, then you may want to contact Apple support. You can chat or meet with a Genius.