If the default area isn't correct, go to Background Removal Picture Tools and do one or both of the following. If parts of the picture that you want to keep are magenta (marked for removal), select Mark Areas to Keep and use the free-form drawing pencil to mark the areas on the picture that you want to keep. To remove more parts of the picture, select Mark Areas to Remove and use the. Here's how to remove the picture background or watermark from your slides. On the View menu, select Master Slide Master. In the thumbnail pane on the left, click any slide layouts that have the picture watermark you want to remove. PhotoScissors saves the day when you quickly need to cut out a person or object to paste into another picture, or to remove the background from a photo. You don't need any specific skills or professional software for a perfect image clip. Just upload the image and our algorithm will automatically remove the background using deep neural networks.
- Mac App To Remove Background From Image
- Remove App From Mac Os
- Change Background Picture Mac
- Apps To Remove Background From Picture Mac Computer
- Completely Remove App From Mac
- Desktop Background Pictures For Mac
If you only need the object in the photo and not its background, we usually turn our head to Photoshop. But guess what, you don’t always have to rely on Photoshop. Turns out, your smartphone with the right apps, can help you cut off background from the photos as long as you don’t need pixel-perfect control.
While there are a plethora of background removal apps on the Play Store and App Store; some of the most popular ones are filled with ads. So, I hunted the App Store to find the best background eraser apps for Android and iOS (with minimal ads) and here are my findings.
Read: Detect if the Image is Photoshop Fake or Not
Though, you should not expect Photoshop-like results from these Android apps like cutting out fine hair or tea leaves. We notice these Android apps work best when the images had a monochrome background like black or red and with good contrast between the foreground and background. And yes, you can export images as transparent png.
Best Background Eraser App for Android and iOS
Just as you do in Photoshop on the computer, you need to trace the area you want to extract with the highlight tool present in the app and tap the delete button. Yes, it’s that simple. You can also remove the original background and swap it with something cooler like a beach, Leaning Tower of Pisa or the Taj Mahal. Sounds fun? Well, then let’s begin.
Remove.bg was released last year around December, within a couple of days, everyone was using it. This web app uses AI to quickly remove the background from images and the results are best in the industry – even better than Photoshop magic eraser. The only caveat is, it’s not a native Android or iOS app, so you’ll need active internet connection to use the app. That said, it works great on mobile. Just upload the file and download the cutout. It’s really that simple. It works for cutouts of humans as well as objects, and since it’s AI powered, it only gets better as it age.
Check out Remove.bg
2. Ultimate Background Eraser
There is no dearth of background eraser apps on the Play Store, and more often than not, they are identical save for some UI changes here and there. Ultimately Background Eraser made the list because apart from the usual bells and whistles like auto mode (Magic), manual, crop, undo, offset, and zoom feature that we saw above, it has one little trick up its sleeve.
Also Read: Top 5 Free Online Image Editor Like Photoshop
You see, mobile phones have small screens and when you are working with your fingers, it is difficult to see where you are pressing, especially when you have large hands. To counter this problem, the app will show a magnifying glass every time you press the screen. It is like a zoom but only works in a particular area where you are pressing your finger. This works for both manual and auto mode. It can add text and emojis to help speak what is on your mind.
You can save the image in PNG or JPEG after you have added a new background. You can also add text and emoji after making the edit. The app provides a better user experience and makes editing images easier and even fun. The app is free and ad-supported.
3. Background Eraser and Remover
When you install the app, it will be called Eraser and not Background Eraser and Remover. Anyways, opening the app will present you a familiar UI, if you have previous experience with any background eraser app.
There is a restore button that will restore the image back to the way it was, originally. There is an undo button which only works 10 steps backward. Any changes made before that cannot be undone. When you save the image, you get an additional option to save it in PNG or JPEG format.
You cannot superimpose the edited image or in other words, cannot add a new background which kind of defeats the purpose of erasing the background. Once again, you will have to import the image into a new app. The app is neat and ad-supported. The accuracy level is still not where it should be when it comes to the auto mode, and you cannot superimpose or change the background to something else.
Install Background Eraser and Remover (Android)
4. Touch Retouch
There are often times when you don’t actually want to remove the whole background, just a part of it. There can be a lampost, wires or anything that doesn’t belong in the picture. Touch Retouch is a great app which removes background objects with minimal effort.
You can simply upload an image and tap on the line remover to erase wires from the image. It also lets you remove objects and you can use a brush tool or lasso to select the object. You can perform quick repairs and remove blemishes from the picture with the app. The app is available for Android and iOS for $2.
Install Touch Retouch ( Android iOS)
5. Adobe Photoshop Mix
I know Photoshop isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and Adobe knows that. Photoshop Mix is a simple app which lets you do basic editing on your phone. You can crop pictures, adjust colors, change exposure, and add filters. It also lets you remove the background from a picture without much hassle. You can crop out a portion from the picture and blend it with another.
The app offers two tools, a basic selection tool, and a smart selection tool. You can just swipe the Smart Selection tool across the area you want to be erased and the app automatically removes everything. If the app makes an error, you can simply, invert the tool action and restore the erased part. It is really simple. Photoshop Mix requires a login account which you can create fairly easily. The app is free.
Install Adobe Photoshop Mix ( Android iOS)
6. Background Eraser: Superimpose
This iOS app is an easy way to create cutout images. It has a simple interface, easy to use tools and a couple of editing options which are just cherry on the cake. You can crop to make background removal easier and adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, temperature etc. The erase tool has an offset which makes it easier to remove the background on the phone. Even If you make mistakes, you can use the restore brush to restore the erased portion. You can target a specific area or color to speed up the process.
After you’ve removed the background, you can add a different background from your local album or select one of the backgrounds in the app. It has a collection of solid and gradient color backgrounds, plus a few space-themed backgrounds. You can save the file as JPEG or PNG on your camera roll or share it on other social media.
Install Background Eraser: Superimpose (iOS)
7. Photo Layer: Superimposer
Photo Layer is a sophisticated app designed to erase the background of an image easily. The app gives you a quick tour of how to use the app and makes it easier to use its tools. It has auto, magic and manual tools to erase the background, you can use all three tools to make the process easier. The auto tool erases all the neighboring pixels with the same color palette, it’d come in handy while erasing large chunks of solid color areas. The Magic tool is a more refined version of the Auto tool, it identifies the edges and you can use it to erase the edge area of the subject. The manual tool can be used for finer adjustments and repairs.
After the adjustment, you can smooth out any rough edges created during background removal to make the image softer. You can then save the image to the Camera Roll and share it to your Social Media directly. The app has ads.
Install Photo Layer: Superimpose ( Android
Background Eraser App
After using some of these apps, it is easy to get confused about which one to use. This is why I wrote this post. I like Ultimate Background Eraser because apart from the usual features, its zoom features really help when working with the image. The second best background eraser app is Change Photo Background.
Tell me which app are you using and how it is better than the ones I have reviewed here.
Also Read: 10 Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
Top Photo Background Remover Apps
|Features||Apowersoft Bg Remover||Pro Knockout-Mix||Background Eraser||Remove BG||Cut Cut||Automatic Background Changer||Magic Eraser||Eraser Pic||Background Editor||Photo Room|
|Automatically remove background|
|Offers manual eraser tools|
|Keep original quality of photo|
|Accessible in both Android and iOS devices|
Apowersoft Bg Remover
- User’s rating: 4.3
- System requirements: Android 4.1 and up & iOS 9.1 or later
- Size: Android 16M & iOS 57.5 MB
Apowersoft Bg Remover is the one of the most reliable photo background remover apps that you can use on Android and iOS devices. It uses an AI technology that can perfectly cut out the foreground from its background. What is more amazing is that this app processes automatically so you can have your transparent photo with just a few taps. It handles even the most challenging photos that contains people, animal, products, text, icons, logos, seals and more. In addition to that, the app outputs photos in PNG and JPG formats.
- Download the app either from Google Play Store or App Store, then install afterward.
- Tap the “Remove background” button to get the photo from your phone gallery.
- The app will automatically eliminate the background from the photo.
- Wait until a new interface pops out showing the processed result.
- After that, just hit the “Save HD” button to download your file.
- User’s rating: 4.7
- System requirements: iOS 8 and later
- Size: 60M
The next accessible image background remover app that we have on our list is Pro Knockout Mix. This is an iOS app that consists of multiple cutout tools such as the automatic cutout tool, manually selection tools, hair refine, and edge refine tool. It will surely produce great results when removing a photo’s background.
- Visit the App Store to get the Pro Knockout Mix.
- Then, tap the “Cutout” button to choose the image that you need.
- Use one of its eraser tools to make your photo transparent, then hit the arrow icon.
- Once done, tap the “Download” icon to save your transparent image.
- User’s rating: 4.0
- System requirements: Android 4.2 and up
- Size: 17M
Background Eraser is also recommended for Android users who need a photo background eraser app. As the name states, this app is mainly used in cutting images and for creating an image background transparent. It offers two ways to remove a background; auto erasing and manual erasing. This app is totally free to use, but you can only save files in PNG format.
- Install the Background Eraser app after you download it from the Google Play Store.
- To start, tap the “Edit” icon to have the image that you need.
- Manually erase the background from the image using one of the selection tools.
- Once satisfied, hit the checkmark and choose “Save in PNG” to download the image.
- User’s rating: 4.6
- System requirements: Android 4.4 and up
- Size: 17M
Another Android picture background remover app that you can use is Remove BG. It is also well known for its web version. With the app version, you can quickly get rid of a background and save the new photo as a transparent format with the use of auto-erase, manual erase and lasso eraser tools. The only drawback is it will affect the original quality once you save it on your phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store to download and install Remove BG on your mobile phone.
- Open the app, select the “Cut Out” button, then upload the picture that you need.
- Use the “Eraser” tool to manually delete the background.
- Once done, save your transparent picture by clicking “Done”.
- User’s rating: 4.3
- System requirements: Android 5.0 and up
- Size: 26M
As its name implies, Cut Cut is a photo background remover app that can erase the background from your photo easily. It can give you a smart cutout of your photo with the use of its AI Auto Selection tool that works automatically to remove the background. Moreover, it will also let you use its Eraser tool for even more detailed results if you are not satisfied with the auto-removal result.
- Get the Cut Cut app from the Google Play Store and install it on your phone.
- Once done, open the app, tap the “Scissors” icon, and upload get the photo.
- The app will automatically remove the background. After that, simply hit the “check” mark at the lower right corner.
- Finally, tap “Save” to download the file into your photo gallery.
Automatic Background Changer
- User’s rating: 4.4
- System requirements: Android 4.4 and up
- Size: 5.4M
Another one of the top image background remover apps to use on your Android phone is Automatic Background Changer. This app uses a neural network which will help to automatically delete the background, leaving only the subject in its original quality. Also, it gives you the freedom to erase the background by yourself using its manual eraser tool.
- Download and install the Automatic Background Changer from Google Play Store.
- Once you open the app, you will be directed to your phone gallery to select the image that you will use.
- Then, crop the image the way you want it and tap the next icon.
- Next, a new interface will come out showing the processed image.
- Lastly, save the file by clicking the “Export” icon.
- User‘s rating: 4.8
- System requirements: Requires iOS 11.0 or later
- Size: 24.9 MB
For all iOS users out there, Magic Eraser is the picture background remover app that you can rely on. It allows you to cut out an object from your picture with its advanced magic wand tool and brush tool. You can quickly get a clean cutout with its auto-erase function. However, you may subscribe for unlimited access to all the Magic Eraser features and to save your work without leaving a watermark.
Mac App To Remove Background From Image
- Open the app after you download it from the App Store.
- Straightly get the picture from your phone library.
- Then, manually get rid of the background from your picture and hit the “Export” icon.
- Next, choose the “PNG transparent Background” to save your work.
Remove App From Mac Os
- User’s rating: 4.7
- System requirements: Requires iOS 12.0 or later
- Size: 107 MB
Eraser Pic is also a photo background remover app that you can have on your iOS phone, which allows users to automatically or manually remove photo background. It is a versatile photo background editor app that can also change, blur, add a mosaic background, etc.
Change Background Picture Mac
- Go to the App Store, to download and install Eraser Pic.
- Open the app, choose the “Cutout” icon and upload the photo that needs to edit.
- The app will detect the subject from the background automatically.
- If you want to download the cutout directly, just tap the “Save PNG”.
- User’s rating: 4.3
- System requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Size: 52.8 MB
Background Editor is another option as an image background remover app on your iOS. You can manually eliminate the background by using its brush tool and magic wand tool. In just one tap, you can save your photo with a transparent background. For better access to its features, you’ll be asked to buy the VIP.
- Run the app, after you download and install it from the App Store.
- Choose the “Change background” option and get the image from your phone.
- Using your pointer finger to highlight the subject of your image then hit the checkmark icon.
- A window will pop out showing the options that you can choose from in saving your image. Select the “Transparent Background” button to save your image.
- User’s rating: 4.8
- System requirements: Requires iOS 12.0 or later
- Size: 57.3 MB
Last but not least is Photo Room, a picture background remover app that is efficient to use for iOS users. This app is also able to automatically erase backgrounds from any picture. It will show you different results of your subject with different kinds of backgrounds, including as a transparent file. What’s more, it can give you a studio-quality picture in just a few taps.
Apps To Remove Background From Picture Mac Computer
- Once you download the Photo Room from App Store, open the app and tap the “Plus” sign icon.
- Get the picture that you need from your phone library.
- Next, the app will automatically scan the picture separating the foreground and background.
- Under “Classic”, choose the picture with a transparent background and you will be directed to another interface.
- From there, you may save your transparent picture by tapping the download icon.
Completely Remove App From Mac
With these photo background eraser apps mentioned above, you may easily remove any unwanted background from your photos. We’ve mentioned different apps that should be helpful regardless of what OS your smartphone is. If we missed an app that must be included in our list, please let us know by leaving your comment below.